Three Kids

Three Kids

Friday, January 22, 2016

Jaxon :)

I had a few people ask me to give a little update regarding Jaxon's health. :) I guess it has been a while since we have talked about it, mostly because things have gone pretty well!

We had one time in November that his temperature dropped through the night. He woke up crying and was freezing. His temp never got below 96 degrees, but he was so cold and even though I wrapped him in blankets and tucked blankets around the top of his head, he just couldn't quite warm up. Finally after a few hours he warmed back up and was fine the next day!

We had an appointment scheduled for next week to see his kidney doctor. Unfortunately, due to a bad mix-up from FedEx, that appointment is now pushed back 4 weeks. The doctor wanted Jax to do an 24-hour urine test to recheck the calcium levels. He has had high calcium in his urine since Feb. 2014 (or at least that was when it first detected). They have never found a reason for the high levels, but since he has been feeling well, they haven't been super concerned either. The last time we saw the kidney doctor was November 2014. He asked that we do the 24-hour test sometime around a year later. The test has very specific directions about starting it on a Sunday, finishing it on Monday morning and overnight shipping it to Chicago on that same Monday. We did this on January 3, and sent it off on January 4. Then it involves about 2-3 weeks of wait time for results, so we had made an appointment for January 25 to see his doctor. On Tuesday, Justin went home and found a box with new lab supplies on our doorstep. The note inside said the test did not arrive in Chicago within 96 hours, so it had to be thrown away and we have to do it again. Justin made some phone calls and some did some tracking of the package. On January 4 the package was sent to Memphis, TN, where is sat until January 12. (Keep in mind the receipt says Priority-Overnight to Chicago) Then they sent it to New Jersey, and then it arrived in Chicago on January 13. 9 days! I can't tell you how frustrated we are right now with FedEx. We now have to redo the test, starting on Sunday and finishing on Monday. Then it will (hopefully) get sent to Chicago. We had to set the appointment for about 4 weeks out due to the timing of the labs and how long it takes for the company to run the labs. It will now be the end of February before we know anything. Jax is really good about doing the lab work, but it also means it's another Sunday that he can't easily leave the house, unless we want the pee jug going along with us!

We have seen the ENT a couple of times in the last few months. They did a hearing check to make sure his hearing was still fine through all of the ear infections that he had. Thankfully, the hearing is great! (Well, maybe his "selective hearing" could be better at times - ha!) They are hoping to pull his final tube later in the spring or early summer. 

So ... for now that is his update! 
Sure love this little guy!

No comments: