Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tree Decorating!

Our Christmas tree is up! We always put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving.

I absolutely love our tall tree since we have tall ceilings! I owe a huge thank you to Justin for helping me with the top. Even when I stand on our little ladder, I can't reach the top without feeling like I might knock the whole thing over ... so I had to have Justin put all of the decorations at the top. He had to be a little creative with the vision I had in my head. :)










When we were in college, I baby-sat for two kids from the daycare that I worked at. Justin and I became close to this family and the two kids. Justin would come over when I baby-sat and bring his football gear for Ben to wear. (They are also huge UNI supporters!) Our last Christmas in Cedar Falls, right before we got married, each of the kids picked out an ornament and gave it to us. That was 10 years ago! I keep those ornaments in a box with their Christmas picture from that year.  I had Jordyn take a picture of us with the ornaments, and I sent it to them. We still keep in contact with them, but we haven't seen them since Jax was born. They came to our house about a month after Jaxon was born. I'm thankful for facebook, because we are easily able to watch each other's families grow!


The finished product! I love it!


I absolutely love decorating the chalk boards that I have! I think this one will stay the same the whole season. :)

No comments: