Three Kids

Three Kids

Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to work/preschool!

Last Tuesday, I headed back to work (well, I had four days of in-service the week before that), and Jax headed back to preschool full-time. Jax had been so sad about not having his sisters at preschool/daycare, but the first day back without the girls, he ran to his friends and didn't even say good-bye to me. Ha! What a stinker!


I'd be lying if I said it was easy for me to return to work after the summer. Each year seems to get a little more difficult for me. The new year brings a lot of worry, stress and anxiety for me. I loved my extra long summer this year, since our district voted to push back the start date from August 17 to September 8.

We had such an incredible summer! Did everything always go smoothly with three kids? Absolutely not! Were there days that I was ready to pull my hair out with three kids? Many days! Ha! But looking back, I loved everything we had the opportunity to do! We made it through 5 nights of Bible School, 13 softball games, 2 weeks of swimming lessons, 7 weekends at the lake, a four day trip to the Black Hills, 4 trips to the sprinkler park, 6 trips to the swimming pools in SF, 9 trips to the zoo, 1 trip to the Omaha Zoo, 3 trips to the farm, 5 trips to the Washington Pavilion, many trips to every park our kids can find to play at, 3 days at the MN lake, 5 days in Banff, Alberta, Canada, many hours spent with friends, and countless hours spent swimming in our back yard. Justin also spent 5 days in Seattle/San Francisco in August. (I'm sure I'm still missing something here.) And yes - I really do tally how many times we go to each of those places, because I want to make sure we are getting use out of our family passes to the zoo, the pool and the pavilion. :)

I love being outside ... I love hot days ... and I am so glad that my three kids do as well. There were many days that we were outside by 8:00, and besides a 1-2 hour rest time in the afternoon, we were out all day!

We are slowly getting back into the swing of things, but it's safe to say that I'm missing our backyard time, our pool time, our time playing with friends, and just the freedom that summer brings. It's amazing how time continues to fly by. 

So ... here's to my 10th year of teaching!

No comments: