Three Kids

Three Kids

Saturday, August 8, 2015

MN Vacation Day 3

The kids all slept in a little (just a little) on Wednesday morning. Then it was more time at the beach and fishing!

The 6 grand kids with Grandpa and Grandma!

Logan caught a "big, giant fish" and was so excited! 


Ryleigh wanted to catch one too. :)



More boat rides!



Love these six kids!

Checking out the fish with Grandpa ...



We packed up and were on the road at about 4:00 that day. My kids did not want to leave ... Jax asked if we could just live there. The kids were also sad knowing that Logan and Ryleigh were staying until Saturday.

My hope was that the kids would fall asleep on the way home and sleep the first two hours, and that's what happened. They were all sleeping less than 15 minutes into our drive. 

Unfortunately, about 2 hours and 15 minutes into our ride again, this sweet thing got car sick again. 

(No, he wasn't puking in this picture - that's just how he was sitting for the last few minutes of the car ride when he thought he might get sick again...and I was at red light by our house when I took it).

I had planned to stop at a McD's in a town that we were close to, and Jax threw up in the parking lot there. He is amazing at knowing when he needs the garbage, and I had no mess to clean up. (I was glad McD's had plastic bags they could give me, because I was out!)

He looked pretty icky the rest of the ride home (about 45 minutes) and nearly got sick again as we were pulling into the driveway. Jax had never gotten car sick before, but both car rides made him sick this time - both at 2 hours and 15 minutes into the ride. He was fine about 20 minutes after we got home. I'm hoping this doesn't become a normal thing for him. We love to travel, but I don't want him to be miserable.

I am so thankful we were able to join my family for this vacation. We really missed having Justin with us though. I have so many memories from this resort growing up, and I love that my kids now have some great memories as well.

No comments: