Three Kids

Three Kids

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve Night

We arrived in George a few minutes earlier than we had planned, and we knew that church was half over, but we decided to try to sneak in and join my family. This was a total last minute decision that we hadn't even talked about until we were two miles from town. The choir was doing their cantata, and my dad was the reader. We were not dressed for church and we had a very stern talk with the kids about how we would enter with absolutely no talking. My mom, sisters, Josh, Eric and Calvin were in the second to back row and had a bit of space by them so we crammed in with them. BJ, Devin and the twins were just across the aisle and the girls could have sat with them if we needed. I am so glad we went for those last 30 minutes. The candlelight service is one of my very favorite things about Christmas - and we actually went to two this year! It was also fun to surprise my dad -- he didn't know we were there until he came to our side to light our row's candles.

I snapped just a couple of pictures while we were there. :)



Afterwards we went to Oma's house! My whole family was there, as was my mom's brother's family. This is the first time that we have ever all been together since having kids ... so I made sure to get a picture of Oma and all of the great grandkids! We are just missing two -- I have a cousin with a little girl in CO, and my cousin's wife, Jessica, is also pregnant right now.

I realize these pictures aren't great, but we were working with 15 kids (most 6 and under) ... who were past bedtime, but we still wanted to capture the all together. :)






Our kids have four great-grandparents ... what a blessing! They love spending time with all of them!!!

Oma and Jayla ...


Oma and Jordyn ... 


We ate (again ... way too much) ... and then headed to my parent's house to sleep. I am so glad we were able to spend some time with my cousins!

No comments: