Three Kids

Three Kids

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekend and Jaxon Update!

We had a nice weekend. Justin was gone Tuesday - Thursday last week, so we were all excited to have him on Thursday night ... especially after some long days of worrying about Jaxon!

The girls invited themselves to Grandpa and Grandma's again for the weekend. Of course my parents said yes. They picked the girls up on Friday night. Jordyn had her class pet, Penelopie (a stuffed dog), for the weekend. She wanted to make sure Penelopie met Grandpa's new cows, which is part of the reason that the girls invited themselves to Grandpa and Grandma's house!

After my parents picked up the girls on Friday night, I headed out to a movie with a couple of friends. I was so glad that Dana and Kelly had made plans to go to a movie and they asked me to join them. It was perfect timing after a long week, and I enjoyed spending time with them. We saw Safe Haven. I loved it! Now I need to read the book. (in all of my free time that I have)

We kept Jaxon with us for the weekend. We took him out to eat on Saturday, and then we headed to my parents' house late Saturday afternoon.

Justin took the girls on a photo shoot since Jordyn needed pictures for Penelopie's book.

Jordyn, Relzie, Penelopie, Jayla, and Honey with the cows ...
(Yes, our girls have interesting names for their babies - but they came up with those names on their own.)






Penelopie went down an old slide at the farm ... 







We brought the girls back with us on Saturday night. Jordyn fed Penelopie breakfast on Sunday morning ...





On Sunday we went to church. The girls did no have Children's Church, so they stayed with us. They were fantastic during church! Jordyn had a bit of a meltdown at the end, but Jayla was perfect the entire service. We could hardly believe that she did so well. :)

Justin left early again on Monday morning and just got home a few minutes ago. I think he's done traveling for a little while - thank goodness. We are ready to have him home. Three weeks in a row that involved traveling was wearing on me!

I took Jaxon in for more blood work on Monday morning. He did great with it! Jayla was with me this time, and she was so sweet. "You're so brave, Buddy! Good job, Buddy!" This blood work was checking his pituitary gland and adrenal gland. It all came back just fine!

Today I took Jaxon to meet with a pediatric neurologist. I guess I'm not sure what I should have expected at this appointment, but I was quite disappointed after the appointment. Basically I was asked all of the same questions that our pediatrician has gone through many times (and were already answered on Jaxon's chart). I once again left the appointment with no answers. His suggestion was for Jaxon to sleep on a heating blanket. I disagreed with this. If Jaxon's temp is normal, he will be sweating on a heating blanket. I could use one to heat him up if he's cold, but I am not comfortable with him sleeping on it at all times. He also said he would not move the MRI, so we are still waiting until March 5 for that. I just felt so frustrated after the appointment today ... had a mini meltdown on my way to take Jaxon to daycare ... and then I headed to work. I seriously have some of the best students who greeted me with hugs. I also work with an amazing staff who had a put a very nice card and gift card to Pizza Ranch in my mailbox today for our family. Another tearful moment today. What a wonderful reminder of how much support we have between family and friends.

The good news is that Jaxon's temperature has continued to stay normal - it has been since Friday. We will pray that it stays that way.

One last picture ... our friends, Justin and Dana, had nursery duty on Sunday. Dana sent me this picture of Jaxon sleeping on Justin. :)




No comments: