Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Trying To Keep Up!

The one and only time that all three kids have sat still at the same time for more than 2 seconds ... watching MMC



I have had a difficult time trying to keep up with the blog over the past couple of weeks. The last few weeks have zoomed by, yet at times they felt like they were never going to end. I was looking forward to today ... parent teacher conferences would be over (actually over on Tuesday night), my break from school was starting (Wednesday afternoon), and Jaxon's MRI would be over. Today was going to be a day for me to rest.

Of course, life with three little ones is never predictable!

Justin was out of town last Thursday and Friday. I had conferences on Thursday until 7:00. Justin's mom and grandma helped out with the kids. I had conferences again Monday and Tuesday until 7:00. Justin took care of the kids on Monday evening, and then he left very early on Tuesday morning to be gone for a few days again. My parents helped with the kids while I was at conferences on Tuesday. 

But ... like I said, things don't always go as planned with three small kids. Jaxon threw up at about midnight on Monday and spiked a 103 fever. Of course this sent me in to panic mode knowing that Justin was heading out of town in just a few short hours and I had full day of teaching and conferences. Jaxon's temperature hung around the 99.5 area, and sadly, I took him to daycare with that. I felt like the worst mom ever and cried the whole way there. I just knew that missing school wasn't really an option though either. I wanted to call and check on him all day, but I was afraid they would say I needed to come get him. I just kept praying he was okay. 

I left school for about 20 minutes when I had a break from conferences to get Jayla and Jaxon picked up from daycare. My parents met me there and we switched vehicles. Jaxon of course did not have a good day, but he was in good spirits while I was there and he did well for my parents until I got home at 8:00.

Jaxon was scheduled to have his MRI on Wednesday. On Tuesday, I spent a good amount of time on the phone with nurses about his fever, cough and vomiting. They decided they could not sedate him on Wednesday due to the fever and cough and that the MRI would need to be postponed. They mentioned they would like the MRI two weeks later so that his body could get over whatever infection he is battling. When they looked at their schedule, the next available MRI appointment is still three weeks away. Ugh. I just want it over.

Jaxon had a fever about 103 all night Tuesday night, so I kept him home with me on Wednesday. By about 4:30 in the afternoon, he seemed to be acting like his normal self and he ate well. At 11:00 last night, he woke up screaming so I went to his crib and could tell he was freezing. From 11:00-2:00 I checked his body temperature every 2-5 minutes ... it hung around 95.0-96.0 degrees. I finally got him warmed up and his coloring looked much better. I went back and forth so many times on if I should load up all three kids and head to the ER, or just try to warm him up by myself. If it had gone below 95, I was for sure heading to the hospital. He woke up this morning and was just fine! He ate a huge breakfast, crawled in and out of his high chair when I turned my back for 3 seconds (he's so fast at everything that he does). Note to self - go back to using the straps in the high chair.

I got maybe one hour of sleep last night, because I set my alarm to wake up every 20 minutes to check on him. Eventually I put him in bed with me ... and Jayla joined us ... and Jordyn joined us ... and Gizmo was in there too. I'm pretty sure a queen size bed is not made for that many people!

Today I am taking him back to the pediatrician. I am just praying we get some answers soon.

I haven't taken too many pictures recently, so a number of these pictures are from a few weeks ago/few months ago. :)



Yes, she's wearing a colander on her head ...







Two last pictures ... our friend, Justin, just had his 30th Birthday. We had a blast celebrating on Saturday night. We have such a fun group of friends! This first picture cracks me up, because Jade looks like the bottle is up his nose. Ha! :)



I am hoping the rest of my break from school is low-key. I am looking forward to Justin getting back home (for a few days) and then he leaves again. I am looking forward to a little rest and getting caught up on errands and housework. And ... I am praying that we get some answers on Jaxon soon.

No comments: