Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

This post has a ton of pictures ... and it's only from our family Christmas. There will be more to come! :)

Justin and I have always celebrated Christmas just the two of us - and now the five of us - on the 23rd. With all of the family gatherings on the 24th and 25th, it has always worked best for us to do the 23rd. We went to church on Sunday morning, then we came home for lunch, and then it was time to open gifts!

I had to take one last picture of the tree before the gifts started disappearing! I love having the tree lit everyday - I am not ready to take it down, but it will probably come down on Friday. (Notice the bottom of the tree is lacking ornaments ... Jaxon has taken them all down, and I keep moving them up higher. Ha!)


Before we get to pictures of our Christmas, check out these adorable Christmas items made by our kids at daycare. I just love our daycare!

Jaxon made Baby Jesus in the manager ...


Jordyn made this ornament at Color Me Mine when her class went on a field trip ...


Jayla made this card ...


How cute is Jayla tied up as a bow on a present?!?! I just melted when I saw this picture of her!



Jordyn decorated an ornament ... her hand print was turned into 5 snowman, which was one for every member of our family. (I know you can only see four in this picture, but there are 5.) :)


I nearly had tears in my eyes with each of these sweet Christmas projects. I truly treasure each of the projects our kids do at school and at home - and I am thankful for wonderful daycare workers who help our kids with each of these projects. It's not easy working with a large group of young children to do these. We are blessed!

Here's our kiddos before opening gifts on Sunday ...


It's never easy to get a picture of all three ... and I laughed when I looked at the sequence of these pictures ... (Sidenote: Jayla doesn't usually get to run around in sleeveless dresses in winter, but she was "super hot" and took off her sweater.)






And the Jingle Bell goes into his mouth ... (cue Justin sprinting over to get it out)


We let the kids get their stocking present first ...


Jayla helped Jaxon since he pretty much doesn't care about opening gifts. Ha!







Showing off their new necklaces ...



Helping Daddy open a present ...





The saying is true ... he would rather play with the box!







Jax loves his new Mickey Mouse toy that plays the Hot Dog song! He can't stop listening and dancing to it. It's so cute!


The girls opening their new baby dolls ...


Jordyn has named hers Relzie Rosie ... we have no idea where that name came from!


Jayla named hers Baby Jaxon ... Ha!



I found this sweatshirt for Jaxon online and had to order it ... Justin's high school football number was 14, and he was the quarterback. 


Jaxon's one attempt to open gifts! He walked away from it about half a second after this picture was snapped. :)


Justin and the kids gave me a beautiful necklace - which I haven't taken a picture of yet - I will do that soon. I love having my kids' names on necklaces, so he ordered another one from Vintage Pearl. I love it! They also gave me a gift certificate for a spa day. I was spoiled!

One tradition that we started two years ago was that we do homemade pizzas with the kids on the 23rd (and sparkling grape juice - which the girls call "Bubbly Bubbly". 

The girls love making their own pizzas!




On Sunday night we went to the candlelight service at our church. After that, we packed up and headed to Justin's parents house. We didn't get a Christmas picture at our house, so I had his parents take one when we got to their house. (Just so you know you ... Justin didn't wear a Vikings hat or Oakley shirt to church ... he had already changed clothes when I decided I wanted a family picture.)




Lots more pictures to come ... we had six different Christmas celebrations in two days! Talk about worn out kids ... and a worn out Mommy and Daddy!

No comments: