Three Kids

Three Kids

Friday, September 30, 2011

We are home!

We are all doing well - but we are very busy and exhausted, which is why I haven't updated the blog.

This week has flown by! On Monday I went to work, knowing it would be my last day since I was going to be induced on Tuesday morning at 9:00. At about 11:00 on Monday morning I started to have some horrible side pains. I was unable to stand without feeling like a knife was being stabbed into my side. Sitting helped, but the pains didn't go away. I knew my doctor was the on-call labor and delivery doctor that day/night, so I called in, and they told me to come to the hospital. They wanted to check me - but they told me they might not keep me. Even though I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday morning, they were possibly going to send me home on Monday afternoon, since they legally cannot induce more than 1 week early, unless there is a medical emergency of course. (On Monday I was 38 weeks 6 days.) Justin and I got to the hospital around 1ish, met with a nurse, had an ultrasound, and everything seemed fine. They thought it was just some round ligament pain. Finally at 3:30, we were given word that they were going to keep me. However, we didn't get to see the doctor until almost 6:00 that evening, so our afternoon was a bit boring since I definitely wasn't in labor. At 6:00 the doctor came in and broke my water. I was dilated to a 3, but the contractions weren't really coming. They decided to start Pitocin at about 8:00. I had had this with both girls, so I was fine with it. It didn't take much and my contractions started to get worse. By 9:00 I had an epidural and I was at a 6 ... the epidural seemed as though it wasn't helping as much as it should have. I felt like I needed to push. The nurse checked me again (this was 20 minutes later), and I had gone from a 6 to a 10 in 20 minutes!! There was good reason for feeling the need to push! Even though I was at a 10, the baby wasn't quite ready to come. I pushed for about 10 minutes, then slept since they knew he wasn't ready to come out, then I pushed again for about 10 minutes, and then slept for about an hour. Third time was a charm - they had me start pushing, I pushed for about 30 minutes, and Baby Jax arrived at 1:39 AM. :)

Meeting sweet Jaxon for the first time ...




8 pounds 11 ounces! He's a healthy boy!




A little tired, but happy parents! :)

Dr. Landeen with the three of us. She is an incredible doctor. She didn't deliver Jordyn, but we were lucky and she was on-call with both Jayla and Jaxon's deliveries. :)

Labor and delivery all went smoothly. Unfortunately about two hours later, things didn't go so smoothly. I had fallen asleep for a little while, but I woke up really nauseous. The nurse did some checking and pushing on my stomach, and I ended up losing a lot of blood (in about 2 minutes) about 2 hours after delivery. I was started on an IV and needed shots in my leg. Thank goodness the epidural hadn't worn off yet - my leg is still in pain from the shots, and I know they would have been painful to feel when she gave them to me! I was supposed to be moved from labor and delivery at about 3:30/4:00 to my new room. I was finally moved at about 6 AM. We put Jaxon in the nursery at about 4:00 because I felt so icky, and we knew that Justin needed a little sleep too.

Finally at about 6:00 AM, we were moved upstairs to my new room, and our first visitors arrived shortly after 7:00. :) I wasn't feeling very well yet, but I was more than happy to have our girls, my parents, and Justin's parents come meet our sweet Jaxon!

Grandma Ronda & Grandpa Buzz ...

Grandpa Marlin & Grandma Shelli ...


Very proud big sisters!






A first family photo ... I had had about 1 hour of sleep since Sunday night at this point ... (this was Tuesday morning)

Jaxon is such a sweet, content baby! We have been so blessed!

Snuggles with Daddy!

After daycare, the girls came back to visit again ...




Uncle BJ stopped to meet Jaxon. Auntie Devin had to work, so she came over to our house the next day.

My brother also brought along my grandma so that she could meet Baby Jax ...

Jordyn loves to hold Jaxon!

Justin's grandparents stopped by ... but I only got a picture of his Grandma Marcia ...

My new teaching partner, Micah, and her daughter, Sophie, stopped to say hi too. I had not met Sophie before - she was such a doll!


 Getting ready to go home!


Jaxon was born early Tuesday morning and we headed home shortly after lunch on Wednesday. We could have stayed one more night in the hospital, but we decided to come home.

On Wednesday Justin's parents and Grandma Helen came over. His parents picked up the girls from daycare for us on Wednesday.


 Auntie Devin also stopped over for a little while to meet Jaxon. She was in SF both Wednesday and Thursday so she hung out with us two days. :)

Kayla, Kandi, and Eric are coming this weekend (Josh has a class so he can't come), and Darin and Kathryn are coming the following weekend. Our house will be busy. :) It's helpful to have guests over though because it also helps keep the girls occupied!

Overall things are going well at home ... other than sleep! Jaxon's nights and days are a little mixed up, which we expected would happen. The girls have not been sleeping well either. Hopefully after a few more nights, we'll be on a better schedule!

Jaxon went to the doctor today - he is doing well. He had lost 5 ounces before leaving the hospital, and he has lost another 2 ounces since coming home, but the doctor said that it was all fine. He will go in for another weight check next Friday.

On a side note - thanks so much to our parents for basically dropping everything to help with the girls! The girls got to spend a lot of time with both sets of grandparents, and we know they had a blast! We are thankful for such wonderful families!

I have many more pictures to share of Jaxon. Hopefully my next post will be up a little faster. :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

So sweet! You're lucky that you have so much family around! The girls look so excited:) I hope you're able to get J's sleep schedule flipped so you can start to feel a bit more rested!