Three Kids

Three Kids

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What have we been up to?

Life continues to be busy for us! We seem to constantly be on the go which wears us out, and to top it off, our girls have decided over the last week that sleep is not necessary. This is completely wearing on us and stressing us out.


Jordyn has always been a great sleeper - she started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old, and never stopped. She has always been excited to go to bed and could easily sleep 10-12 every night, even with her normal 2-3 hour nap each day. Last Tuesday, she took a total turn, and she hates everything about bedtime ... her bed, sleeping by herself, her blankets ... it is a BATTLE to get her to sleep. It has turned into 1-2 hours worth of screaming each night, even if I am right next to her. When she finally falls asleep, she's up anywhere from 2-5 times a night, running into our room screaming for me. So, I carry her back to bed, stay with her until she calms down, and then attempt to get back sleep myself. Last night she slept from 9-3 (we went to bed at 7:30 but she didn't fall asleep until 9), and then I was awake with her from 3-4:30, she slept from 4:30-5, and then she was up for the day. This is totally not her, so I am worried about her.


Jayla has also struggled to sleep. She only wants to sleep if we are holding her. It's getting better, but we have been up with her anywhere from 2-5 times a night. We are exhausted.


We are praying that we can get back into our normal routine before both Justin and myself completely go insane due to lack of sleep ... and not only that, but our "quiet time" from about 8:00 on at night is not really existing, and it is something that we both need.


So ... I am hopeful we can soon report that we are back to normal. Until then ... here's what else we have been up to!


Jayla is constantly standing and wanting to walk so bad. She does great with her little walker toy! She also gets very proud of herself for making it all the way to the top of our steps by herself! She LOVES the steps right now!



She has the sweetest smile, and I forgot to mention in her 8-month post that she has her two bottom teeth.





Getting ready to take her blood pressure with Ernie. :)

Jayla loves to EAT! She loves table food. She will try about anything we put in front of her, and she loves to feed herself! When Jordyn was this age, her reflux was really bad, and she would gag on table food. Jayla has been able to handle it a lot better.

Speaking of reflux, I think I forgot to also mention in Jayla's 8-month post, that we had to put her back on Prevacid for reflux. :( We thought she was over it, but we were wrong. She was throwing up her whole bottle most mornings for us ... morning is when it is the worst for her. She coughs until she pukes. Poor thing. It is getting better again though with the medicine.

She loves baby mum-mums!

I just love this picture of Jordyn! If only she was this happy all of the time. :) Ha!

She has been throwing some major fits for us lately - not just at bedtime, but usually in the morning, when we get home from daycare, when it's time for dinner, and pretty much anytime she doesn't agree with what we say. I hope this doesn't continue for too long. :) This all started when her sleep schedule changed.

Don't worry, we do still have many happy and fun times at our house. Some days it doesn't seem like it, but we do. :)


For instance, Jordyn is all about being the "teacher" and reading books to her "students" - aka, Jayla, Dad, and Mom!

She clearly pays close attention to her daycare teachers when they read books to the whole class!

Justin and I were talking while she was "reading" to us, and she stopped and said, "Hey, be quiet!" Yikes! We couldn't help but laugh! :)



And a few other random things ...


*Jayla and Jordyn are starting swimming lessons. Jayla had her first lesson last night (pictures later) and Jordyn goes on Wednesday night. We will be busy for the next month with lessons two times a week, but we are excited about it! Jayla did okay with her first lesson. She wasn't too sure about it at first and cried, but she still did well. The nice part is that the lessons are in the therapy pool so it's nice and warm. :)


*I had a scary thing happen to me on Saturday when I decided to go tan. I hadn't been there for a while (and I don't tan often), but I thought I should use up my minutes. I went for 7 minutes, which is what I always go for in this certain bed, and the minute I got out, my whole back side was on fire and bright red. I had never seen anything like it, and I was sure it wasn't a tanning burn - if I burn (which very rarely happens) it doesn't turn red right away like this. I immediately called Justin (crying of course - it was painful). I quickly drove home, and he couldn't believe how bad it was either. We were sure that I was having a reaction to the cleaning product they used. He called the tanning place for information, and then we headed to the doctor. The doctor put me on a steroid. Within a few hours, it was mostly gone, thank goodness. Every part of me that touched the bed was burned from my shoulders to my legs. I am so very thankful that it went away.


*Jordyn was so sweet when all of this was going on. I was crying because it was so painful and I was scared, and she kept saying "Mommy, what's wrong? Mommy, why are you so sad?" She has a sweet heart.


*I am getting incredibly frustrated with not being able to lose the rest of my baby weight. I have been at a standstill for the longest time. I run, ride the bike, lift weights, and while I know I am a lot stronger and can run/ride bike longer than I have ever been able to, it's not working. (I do have to share that from the middle of August to December I ran 70 miles. For you marathon runners - Angie :) - I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for me.) Any tips on what to try would be greatly appreciated. :)


I think for now I've typed enough ... time to get moving here! :)

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

Sleeping....always a stressful part of raising kids. Hope it's a fluke and they are both back to sleeping well for you guys. Makes for l-o-n-g days when you are not getting decent sleep.

It's NOT FAIR you work out as much as you do and you are still not getting the results you want. Babies really mess up ones body! I think you look great though! However, have you had your thyroid checked? Did you mention that in your post or was that someone else? I acquired thryoid issues after having Noah and still take meds for it. Might be something to check out.

Hope you had a great weekend!