Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 23

Justin and I have always opened our Christmas gifts for each other on the 23rd. We have continued to do this with the girls as well ... mostly because we are with our families on the 24th and 25th, but also because Justin and I started this 11 years ago, and we decided to keep it going. :) I guess that means Santa will always make an early stop at our house.

Jordyn was so excited to open presents! She would do about anything we told her to, because she wanted to open her "presents." So, I was actually able to get some cute pictures of her! (Presents work well as bribery! Ha!)
Both girls did great opening their gifts! Jayla was even excited!


I realize this really isn't a great picture of Jordyn, but I had to show you how excited she was to get Elmo slippers!
And an Elmo potty seat! She now has an Elmo seat and a Princess Potty Chair. If only she was as interested in potty training now as she was 3 months ago!
Jordyn got a baby doll for her first Christmas ... so guess what Jayla also got for her first Christmas ...

Notice Jordyn's doll next to Jayla? Jordyn tried to "trade dolls" at first, but after a couple of minutes, she realized that she still wanted her own. (Thank goodness!)
Modeling her new Elmo slippers!
Justin's new watch ...
Playing together ... look how well Jayla stands! She's going to be walking before we know it! She pulls herself up on absolutely everything!
Opening another gift (and Jordyn is opening Justin's gift in the background ... ha!)
I mentioned in my last post that Justin and the girls gave me the sweetest gift. He took the girls out of daycare one morning (without me knowing) and took them to a jewelry store downtown. The girls put their thumbprints in silver, which were made into pendants for me. Their names are engraved on the other side. My heart melted when I opened this!
I didn't want you think we forgot Gizmo ... he got a new penguin chew toy for Christmas. :)
After we opened gifts, we made homemade pizzas. Jordyn loved helping. Unfortunately, she didn't want to eat it though!
This cutie hung out in her high chair while we made the pizzas. :) My baby is growing too fast - she's working on drinking from a sippy cup!
Stay tuned for more Christmas posts. I took 106 pictures in 2 1/2 days. I won't share them all though. :)

2 comments:

Five Guys and a Gal said...

What a neat gift Justin got you. Love it. Looks like you were busy and had lots of fun. Gotta love the holidays and family. Hope you are enjoying your break as much as I am. It's almost done though....

Five Guys and a Gal said...

What a neat gift Justin got you. Love it. Looks like you were busy and had lots of fun. Gotta love the holidays and family. Hope you are enjoying your break as much as I am. It's almost done though....