Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day

Whew - I am almost done with the Christmas posts! I am so far behind right now - I have so many other pictures to share from our week as well! Since the forecast is horrible for the next few days, I'm guessing we'll be stuck at home, so maybe I'll get caught up. :)

We were all exhausted on Christmas morning since we were up so late the night before. Besides not getting home until about 11:30ish, my mom, sisters, brother-in-law, and I stayed up chatting until about 12:45. And even though the girls got to bed late, they didn't sleep in real late. I think they made it until about 7:15.

This was before we opened gifts ...

I just realized I uploaded these pictures out of order (or at least this one), and I don't feel like rearranging, but I had to share this picture. Justin is a big Vikings fan, and I grew up a Raiders fan. (I've been embarrassed to admit that the last few years, but this year was a little better.) Since Brett Favre joined the Vikings, I have converted a little, but I still cheer for the Raiders. Anyway, Justin taught Jordyn to say "Vikings are #1." Then he will ask her "What do we say about the Raiders?" Jordyn responds by saying "Raiders are stinky" and doing this ...
Back to Christmas ... Jordyn was excited to help pass out gifts!

But more excited to open them, and before we got anything passed out, she had already opened her new tractor ...
... which she loves!
More books!!!
Jayla loved the wrapping paper!
After we opened gifts, we helped my mom get lunch ready (she made prime rib), try to organize/clean up the living room with all of the gifts, and just relaxed.
My grandma joined us for lunch too!
After naptime (for all of us), we all headed outside to play in the snow. My mom stayed inside Jayla, but the rest of us went out. Jordyn was excited to play in the snow! (This year we were prepared to play in the snow and brought all of our own gear. Last year we had to improvise and borrow, coats, my dad's hunting pants, and boots.)

My brother brought his 4 wheeler over, and pulled us in the sled. Jordyn wasn't so sure what to think, but she did okay. My sisters took more pictures, so I'll have to share those later. Also, check out Gizmo in the background of the picture. He blends in with the snow, but he was having so much fun running and playing with Cooper (who is right next to the sled). Cooper and Giz are the same type of dog and could be twins.


My dad was sore after our sledding experience! He could hardly move Christmas night! He cracks us up!

My parents have a ton of snow on their yard - you can see the big drifts behind us. I can hardly imagine what their yard will look like if we really get another 8 inches of snow this weekend!
Jayla was passed around a ton, but she loved all of the attention!
Playing with Auntie Devin ... she loved it when Devin would blow on her face ...
Being silly with Kiki ...
On Sunday morning, we went to church with my family, and then my dad's sister and her family came over for one more Christmas!
Jordyn was fascinated with how big the tree at church was!
Such a sweetheart!
I feel like we just put our Christmas tree up - even thought we did it about 7 weeks ago. It is coming down tomorrow. Jordyn has loved everything about Christmas, so I hope she isn't too sad when the tree in our living room and the trees in her room and Jayla's room come down.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm LOVING each of these posts!!