Three Kids

Three Kids

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! This post is a long one, but since it is a journal for the girls, I didn't want to leave things out. :)

I had Wednesday off and Justin also took the day off. We took the girls to daycare for the day so that we could both work out, do a few things around the house that we were behind on and are hard to do with the girls running around, went out for lunch, and did a little shopping. Of course we missed the girls, but we enjoyed having the day to spend together and get caught up on a few things. We have crossed so many things off of our "to-do" list lately, yet the list doesn't seem any shorter! There's always so much to do!

Our Thanksgiving break was a busy one! We were busy Thursday-Saturday. Thankfully our families live close so we didn't have to do too much traveling.

We had lunch with Justin's family on Thanksgiving. His grandparents live about 10 minutes from us. Everyone from his mom's side was there except 1 uncle and Darin and Kathryn. We missed them! We enjoyed seeing Justin's aunts, uncles, and cousins again since we don't see them too often.

All ready to leave to see Justin's family ...

Our happy little girl!

I asked Jordyn to show me her best smile ... and she attempted to put her finger up her nose. Lovely.
She has the smile thing going for her, but she usually closes her eyes or looks away from the camera when you ask for her best smile ...
Aaron and Jayla ... these two are 2 days apart ... and so cute together!
Playing a little Uno ...
Yum ... homemade ice cream!

Grandpa Marlin and Daddy playing with the girls ...

We went home for a little while after lunch, and then we headed to my aunt and uncle's house, which is also about 10 minutes away. My parents and Kayla were there too. Kandi and Eric weren't able to come home for Thanksgiving and BJ and Devin didn't make it because Devin was sick. (Devin is actually in the hospital with an infection, so please pray that she is feeling better soon.) We missed all of them, but we enjoyed the time with everyone that was there.

Kiki and Jordyn had a great time making faces at each other ...
Again, I asked Jordyn for her best smile, and this is what she gave me ...
A great picture of Jordyn and Kiki!!!
Kisses for Jayla ...

Playing with my Aunt Sharon ...
My cousin, Kylea, and Jayla ...
We ate supper with my family and also went to a short light show. Jordyn loved it and kept asking to go back. We might have to go watch it again soon!

On Friday morning I met my mom and sister and went shopping for a little while. I headed out at about 4:30, got a few deals, and had fun shopping with my mom and sister.

We went to Justin's parent's house on Friday night to have dinner with them and his Grandma Helen. We had a nice time. Jordyn was a busy body! She had fun playing with Great Grandma Helen ...
... and riding this car ...
... and playing with Grandma Shelli ...
... but she did not like this stuffed tiger! Jayla did though!


On Saturday we did a little shopping in the morning (note to self ... shop on Saturday after "Black Friday" ... it was not at all busy). We ate lunch at Applebees, went home for naps, and then we headed to my parent's house. My parents always go cut down their Christmas tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so we usually go help them decorate it. My parents love Christmas ornaments, and their whole tree is all special ornaments, most of them dated Hallmark ornaments. It's fun to look at them each year.

Jayla was very happy while we were there, despite having been told she has pink eye at Acute Care that morning. She HATES the eye drops, but she seems to be handling everything else okay! Poor girl!

Super silly with Uncle BJ!
My grandma was able to come join us for the evening! She seems to be doing well and is moving around quite well. We kept Jayla away from her because of the pink eye, and Jordyn made me so nervous when she ran right into Oma to tickle her. Her hip seems to be doing well, but Jordyn can be a little (or a lot) rambunctious, so I was nervous!

Jordyn loved decorating the tree. We put our own tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, and she didn't really want to help. However, she loved helping at Grandpa and Grandma's house!


Helping Aunt Kiki put ornaments on the tree ...

Helping Grandma Ronda put ornaments on the tree ...

Taking a break from decorating to play with Grandpa Buzz ...
More decorating ...

Snuggles with Grandpa Buzz ...
Somebody has to teach this girl some manners :) ... we were having ice cream for dessert, and I didn't have my dad get Jordyn a bowl because I figured she would just share with me. She walked up to Grandpa Buzz, looked at his bowl of ice cream, and just started licking away! Ha!
Instead of sharing with Mom, she wanted to share with Grandpa ...
Whew ... we were busy on Thursday - Saturday, but we enjoyed our time with family! On Sunday we went to church (Jordyn made it through, but I missed every word that was said), and then we spent the day relaxing, which was very much needed!

I need to get some pictures of tree posted, the girls' rooms rearranged/Jordyn's big girl room, and their pink Christmas trees that Jordyn LOVES!

Until then ... it's time to get going on the never.ending.pile.of.laundry.

No comments: