Three Kids

Three Kids

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Catching Up

It has been a week of craziness and busyness in our house - which is the reason for a lack of posts this week. I have to think back to last weekend since I haven't posted since then! This post is a little random and doesn't really seem to flow, so hang in there! :)

On Saturday we did a few things around the house, and then out of the blue, Jordyn started asking if we could eat at Applebees. She told us she wanted a grilled cheese. She has an incredible memory - that is where we ate the weekend before and she ate grilled cheese. Guess where we went for dinner?! :)

I have a couple of pictures from Saturday - how sweet are these two girls playing so well together?!
Jordyn is showing off her new Puma outfit and new Puma shoes! She just outgrew her other Pumas, so she has been pretty excited about her new ones!
On Sunday we headed to church with my parents. My parents' church was having a service to honor the families who have lost loved ones, so we all went to support my grandma. The service was nice, and Jordyn actually made it through most of it! We are thankful for the back pew in church though! :) After the service, we all had lunch together - there were 45 of us! I know my grandma was thankful to have so many people there to support her.

A few of the kids playing and my dad with Jayla ... Jayla has figured out this whole "picture-taking thing." She knows to look and smile when I have the camera out! :)
Addy and Jordyn playing ...
Reading with Grandma Ronda/Aunt Ronda ...
The weather was absolutely gorgeous here on Monday and Tuesday. The girls and I played outside on Monday (it was over 70 degrees) until it was dark outside. Jayla just sat and played with some toys on blanket ...

Jordyn played on the slide/swing and ran around ...



She was chasing Gizmo around the back yard ...

Checking out the neighbor's dog through the cracks in the fence ...
One of the main reasons for craziness at our house was due to our hot water heater quitting on Saturday night. Ugh. I will never take hot water for granted. We went from Saturday evening until Friday afternoon with NO hot water. This meant heating water on the stove to wash dishes and give the girls bath. Justin and I either took cold showers at our house or went to the fitness center and showered. We could not wait to take a shower in our own shower with hot water!

We have done a lot of home improvements around our house in the last two weeks (and thanks to Justin's dad too for coming to help with several of them). The guys put up our new baby gate, which doesn't sound like a chore, but this expensive gate came with horrible instructions. They did a great job putting it up, and it matches our woodwork great! I'll have to get a picture of it. They were also able to re-seal our huge window in the front of the house that had a minor leak in it, fix one of the down spouts that was causing a little leak, and Justin put in a new thermostat. And, besides the hot water heater problem, we found out we need to re-shingle our house. The wind did some damage, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. Thankfully, we have some wonderful insurance to take care of it, and there is a class action lawsuit with the type of shingles that are on our house, so that will help take care of things too!

I had Thursday and Friday off this week from school. I took the girls to daycare both days, and I had some time for me! On Thursday I worked out, and then my mom and I had lunch and went shopping. We had so much fun! On Friday I had an in-service in the morning, and then I hung around the house while the hot water heater was getting installed. I was able to get just a little scrapbooking done - something that has totally been neglected over the last year. I have missed working on the scrapbooks, so hopefully I can get rolling again!

Today Justin put up new shelves in our basement, and we completely rearranged, organized our basement. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I think someone might have called the Hoarder TV show on us if you had seen the before pictures. I decided to not take them. :) Let's just say it was pretty bad, but it's back in working order now. We love the extra 500 square feet of storage, but since we have it, it makes it easy to just throw things down there and not take care of it. Eventually we may finish part of it into an office and toy room, and leave some of it for storage. We don't have any windows in that level of the house (we have 4 levels), so we can't make a 5th bedroom.

Ending with a few pictures from the last few days ...

Jordyn got a new baby carrier as part of her birthday gift from Uncle BJ and Aunt Devin, and she loves to carry her baby around ...

This little one is so close to crawling! She can scoot so quickly, and she has already figured out how to play with things she isn't supposed to! (mainly the computer and the drawers on the TV stand) If she's not scooting, she's rolling!


Taking good care of her baby ...
I can't believe that in less than two weeks we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and beginning our Christmas shopping! Next weekend we are going to put up our tree - I feel like it was just July, and I remember joking to my dad "Christmas is right around the corner. " It sure is!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

LOVE the pictures! Jordyn is such a sweet big sister! :-)

Lee Anne said...

2 days off and it's not even Thanksgiving? I wanna move.

Nothing better than getting organized and I highly recommend a toy room. Both of our houses had one with a door I could close. Perfect. Our house actually looked like a house and not a toy store. Now it's a bigger kids lounge room with a couch and the Wii. I would never have a hosue without a room for all of that.

Your girls are just as adorable as ever. Hope you have a great week coming up!