Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jayla - 6 Months


Jayla is 6 months old! I can't believe how big she is already and how much she has already learned. My little baby isn't so little anymore!



What is new with Jayla?

Jayla ...


... weighs about 18 pounds 11 ounces. She is one healthy girl! We don't have her 6-month check up for a couple of weeks since I scheduled her appointment and Jordyn's 2-year appointment together. (Side note: Jordyn was about 20 pounds when she was 1 year old ... there's quite a difference between the girls!)

... wears mostly 9-month clothes and a few 12-month clothes.

... wears size 3 diapers.

... is a rolling machine. She can get across the room very quickly!

... can sit! We still are cautious and put pillows or the Boppy around her, but she is doing great!

... can get up on her knees! I'm not ready for her to crawl yet - she's still supposed to be my little baby!

... grabs everything within her reach, and if she can't reach it, she rolls to it.

... is very interested in Gizmo! She's also very good about pulling his fur, so we try to keep him away.

... has also pulled Jordyn's hair a few times. Thankfully Jordyn hasn't gotten upset with her.

... is very in-tune to what is going on and where Jordyn is. If she hears Jordyn, she looks everywhere for her. Jayla was almost asleep the other night and heard Jordyn crying in another room. Jayla sat up in my arms and kept looking for her sister.

... is doing very well at daycare! She's very happy when I drop her off and pick her up.
... loves to eat!!! She is now only getting formula, no breast milk. I still feel guilty about it, but let me tell how much better I feel at the same time. Since she was no longer eating well from me, it was causing a lot of stress for me. Things are less stressful now she can always just have a bottle. She also loves rice cereal, oatmeal, green beans, peas, squash, applesauce, bananas, and pears! She is pretty much willing to eat whatever we give her.
*I should note - Jordyn was the same way as a baby, but she is now the pickiest eater and has been for the last year. Let's hope that Jayla doesn't continue that trend!

... loves when anyone talks to her - she loves to smile at them - and we love to see her beautiful smile!
Happy 6-Months, Jayla Grace!

No comments: