Three Kids

Three Kids

Friday, August 27, 2010

This and That

I don't have my newest pictures put on the computer yet ... so today it's just some random things in a very random order ...

*Please pray for my Grandma. She fell on Tuesday, broke her hip, and had surgery on Wednesday. She seems to be doing well, but please pray for a speedy recovery.

*It's been a tough year for our grandparents ... we have had 2 grandpas pass away, 1 grandma that broke her neck in a car accident, 1 grandma that broke her hip, and a 1 grandma that had gall bladder surgery.

*Jayla had her 4 month check up yesterday ... she weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces - (90th percentile) and was 26 inches long (90th percentile). Maybe our scale is off ... I thought she was closer to 17 pounds. I'm just thrilled that she's so happy and healthy! And ... maybe it's a good thing our scale is off ... that must mean I weigh less too! :) Ha!

*We have gone a week straight without the hour-long screaming fit from Jayla! :) She's battling a cold right now (the "new daycare cold"), but she's handling it well.

*She did awesome with her shots yesterday! :) She had a little fever last night, but she never cried. :)

*We took the girls to Sesame Street Live last night. I'll post pictures later. :)

*I have already completed 2 full weeks of school! We are all starting to get adjusted to our "new" school schedule. Let me tell you, 5:45 rolls around way too early!

*We are finally staying in SF for a weekend! I think that has only happened about 2 or 3 times since May! No suitcases this weekend! :) Depending on the weather, we may take the girls to SF Zoo tomorrow ... there's a new baby tiger, baby giraffe, and a new black rhino exhibit.

*I miss sisters dearly right now ... all of them ... Kayla, Kandi, Devin, and Kathryn (soon to be sister-in-law). I think I've talked to Kayla and Kandi about every day for the last week.

*I'm tired of trying to finish losing my baby weight. With both pregnancies, I've gained 60 pounds. I'm honest, I just told the world how much weight I gained! I worked out/ran with both pregnancies, but I swear if I looked at food, I gained weight. No joke. I'm down to 17 pounds to lose this time around. I feel like I've come so far, yet I feel like I'm never going to be done. After I lose those 17 pounds, I have another 10 I would like to lose ... baby steps for now. Being back to work has made my workout schedule more difficult. I can't believe how difficult it has been to lose the weight the second time around. I started running/lifting weights 2 weeks after I had Jayla. Ugh. HOWEVER, we have been blessed with 2 beautiful, healthy, and happy girls, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

*Jayla still sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed ... it's probably time to move her to the crib, but we aren't sure if we're ready for Jordyn to move to a bed yet. Jayla will soon outgrow the bassinet, so she may have to sleep in the pack and play until we're ready to move Jordyn. We just knew it wasn't worth it to buy 2 cribs.

*I'm glad it's Friday. My house took a pretty big hit this week after being gone 3 nights straight. You can probably imagine the dishes, laundry, and dust that have so nicely piled up!

*Time to get rolling here ... have a fabulous weekend! :)

3 comments:

Lee Anne said...

You can borrow our crib! I have no idea why I saved it.....but we have it! How could we get it to you? A pack and play for a big baby isn't real comfy, it's just not supportive....learned that the hard way with our big boys. I think we used it for a week.

Glad those screaming jags are gone. I remember our kids both having a fussy time too. Wonder what the deal is with that?

Try not to beat yourself up too much about the weight....you had two babies back-to-back. That's hard on your body. You will get it back....you know you are healthy, and I think you look great!

Have a super weekend being home! It's my favorite place to be.

Jess :) said...

First of all, I will continue praying for your grandma. I didn't even have a chance to talk to you today to ask you how she was. :(

Second, and I'm totally moving AHEAD on the list...YOU are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, seriously....GORGEOUS! I think you look AMAZING for having 2 kids. :) :) :) Just sayin'

Third, I can't wait to see pics from last night! That was the other thing I didn't get to talk to you about. I wanted to hear all about Jordyn's reaction. You'll have to fill me in over lunch on Monday!

Fourth, I COMPLETELY understand how you feel about missing your sisters. As you know, I feel the SAME way. Skype and the phone sure are BLESSINGS.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Lauren said...

Praying for your Grandma!!