Three Kids

Three Kids

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jayla - 3 Months

Jayla is 3 months old! (She was on the 16th - I'm just a little behind at posting this.) She did not want to smile for the camera, but we thought she still looked pretty cute. :)
I think she looks like Jordyn in this picture ...








What is new with Jayla?

Jayla ...

... weighs about 15 1/2 pounds (wow!) and is about 25 1/2 inches long!!

... wears size 2 diapers.

... wears some 0-3 month clothes, but mostly 3-6 month clothes.

... loves to smile! (except for the camera on the day we took these pictures)

... was sleeping through the night from about 10:30-7:00, but has been getting up at about 4:00 or 5:00 the last few nights to eat. She does go back to sleep after eating, but I hope she goes back to the other schedule soon.

... went swimming for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it!

... enjoys going on walks.

... has rolled from her back to her tummy a few times, which is more difficult than tummy to back, which she has yet to do.

... loves to sleep on her side. She doesn't have a preference of which side, she often rolls back and forth.

... will be starting daycare in less than a month. (tear, tear) We hope she loves it as much as Jordyn! I know the workers in the baby room are excited for her to start, so that makes us feel great! We know she'll be in great care!

... loves to eat, eat, and eat. I'm excited for her to start cereal in less than a month. Maybe this mama will get a little bit of a break from feeding her! Some days I am completely exhausted just from feeding her all the time!

... recognizes our voices and gets excited to see us. My favorite thing is to see the smile on her face when she hears Jordyn's voice and sees her face. These girls are going to great friends! (and probably great enemies at times - ha!)

... loves the Bumbo chair. We waited a little longer before putting Jordyn in the Bumbo, but Jayla has wanted to sit since she was about 6 weeks old. She LOVES the chair, especially if we put toys in front of her.

... is still dealing with Reflux and still taking Prevacid. Jordyn took it until she was 10 months old. I'm hopeful that Jayla will not need it as long. Many babies outgrow it by 4 months. I hope she does!

... often has about an hour each night that she is fussy. She hasn't completely outgrown this. We hope she does soon though!

... LOVES her blankie that her daddy bought her. Justin has bought both girls a pink, soft, silky blanket. He bought Jordyn's before she was born because he thought she needed one like her mama. (yes, my blanket is still on our bed each night) Then he was able to find the same blanket before Jayla was born. Jayla's is just a little darker pink with a darker stitching. She loves the blanket - especially the silky side. She holds it as tight as she can in her hands. Jordyn does the same thing, as well as drags that blanket everywhere we go! I could wash it everyday and it would still be dirty!

... has the sweetest smile and melts our hearts each time we see it.

We love you, Jayla Grace!

3 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

So funny because I glanced real quick and don’t know why I thought the title to this post said 13 months and I was like whoa, she grew up fast, haha!! She’s such a cutie!!!

Lee Anne said...

We got to start both boys a little early on cereal because they were big kids and needed it. Maybe your doc will be nice to you and let you too!

I love that pink dress! So adorable!

I think the only way to slow down the days is to sit in the house doing nothing all day. I think we need to get REALLY bored. Then maybe it won't feel like it's going 140 miles an hour. SO SAD!

The Chouinard Family said...

Love the blanket thing! My hubby often picks on me cause I still have my blanket in the bed with us. Love the cute dress. She is getting so big.