Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Floods :(

My hometown received 10-11 inches of rain in just a few short hours last night. George is a mess, and I can't believe some of the pictures that I have seen. I just read that 500 homes were damaged/flooded -- this is a town of just over 1000 people, so that means a good majority of the houses were damaged. Both my parents and brother/sister-in-law had water in their basements, but everything seems to be okay at this point. It's hard to believe another round of storms has struck, just a few short weeks after the tornadoes hit Little Rock.

Amy J. - I hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" some of your pictures from facebook. :)

One of our town parks/ball diamonds ...
The bridge leading into town ...
Teeter-totters from the park ...
Park/restrooms near the elementary school ...
I can't even imagine the clean up that is taking place today (and for the upcoming days).


Owatonna friends - this was much like the flooding we had during fair week in 2007.

1 comment:

Lauren Kelly said...

That is terrible. So sorry!!!!