Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What have we been up to?

It has been a little while since I have updated on what we have been doing! Last week was a full week. I took the girls to Justin's softball games on Tuesday night. He had 2 games, and the girls both stayed in the stroller for both games! I couldn't have asked for an easier outting! After the game, we went with a bunch of other couples out to eat. I'm sure the sports bar was thrilled to see us all walk in with 8 kids under the age of 3! Ha! The kids did great though - considering it was 9:30 and way past bedtime for all of them! It was a fun evening!

We (or I should say Justin) did a bunch of yard work last week ... our landscaping needed to be cleaned up (get rid of the weeds), we needed new garden lights, bushes needed to be trimmed, lawn needed to be mowed and trimmed. The girls and I went on several walks while Justin worked in the yard. Now we just need to get flowers planted!


We also had to replace our kitchen faucet last week. It has never worked real well, but it completely broke last week, and I couldn't use it. I didn't realize how much I relied on that thing - I only had to go about 7 hours without it (until Justin could get home from work to install a new one), but kitchen faucets are pretty important! My parents were here that evening, so my dad helped Justin put in the new faucet.
Jordyn thought she should help too ... she looks like big help, right?

She loves her daddy!
This little cutie has been throwing some screaming fits for us from about 8-11. We had a few bad evenings last week.
I feel so bad for her. Nothing makes her happy during that time she is screaming. Jordyn did this as a baby too, but she outgrew it after a few weeks. Jayla has not outgrown it yet. Some nights we just walk her up and down the street - I'm sure our neighbors love us! Ha! The last two nights have been MUCH better though - only about 20-30 minutes of crying. (Justin and I were even able to play cards last night!!)

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday we headed to Justin's aunt and uncle's house. They live on a small lake, and the weather was perfect to be at the lake. Justin's cousin, her husband, their 4 boys were there, along with his grandparents, aunt and uncle, and two of his cousins. We had a great time! Justin and his grandpa left early on Saturday morning so that they could join the guys to golf. His grandma and I left at about 10 to head down there. Jordyn had a great time playing with the boys, swimming, and riding on the boat.




Jayla and Aaron were born 2 days apart ... I just love this picture ...
This is Justin's Aunt Tracy with both of the babies ...
My baby is growing way too fast!
Reading with Daddy ...
Jordyn wanted to make sure I could see her leg ...
The great grandkids ...
The 4 of us ...
Jordyn loved the pool ...


Jordyn didn't nap while we were gone on Saturday - about 30 seconds after we got in the car to come home, she was out! She had spent most of the day outside, so I knew the heat would wear her out!

We went to church on Sunday - this was Jayla's first time at church. I'm embarassed that it took us that long, but we made it this week! Jordyn went to the nursery for the first time. Yay!! After church we went out to eat at Applebees - our meal was a little crazy with Jordyn wanting to stand and eat on the booth and Jayla needing to eat while we were there. The food was good, but I don't think that we really got to enjoy it. Such is life with 2 kiddos. :)

Jordyn has really been into holding Jayla, and I love this picture of Jordyn holding her hand ...

Jayla has beautiful blue eyes like her daddy ...


We got in plenty of snuggle time over the weekend ...

On Monday we were going to swim in the back yard. Justin got the pool ready, and I put Jordyn down for a nap. By the time she woke up, the wind had picked up and the clouds came, so she didn't get to swim. So we took her to the park ...


Jayla stayed in the stroller while Jordyn played. You can see her thrush in this picture ... it doesn't seem to be getting any better ... she's had it for about 2 weeks and has been on medicine this whole time. Poor girl!
More playing ...
This is how Jordyn goes down the slide at our house, so I wasn't surprised that she wanted to go down the big slide the same way ...
On Monday night we had my parents, grandma, BJ, and Devin over for dinner. We grilled some yummy hamburgers. We had a great time. Jordyn was crazy the whole time they were here - she loves attention! Only Grandpa Buzz could put her shoes on ... no one else could!
Grandpa Buzz, Jordyn, and Mommy ...
I think that about gets us caught up over the last week ... hopefully I won't get so far behind this week! :)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

OMW, Jayla has gotten big! I'm glad everything is going good :-)

Lee Anne said...

Holy busy weekend!

That picture of her holding up her leg for the pic totally cracked me up! Haha!

And that baby isn't a baby anymore! Jayla is gonna catch up to her sister soon!! She's so adorable.

Sorry to hear about the hard time from 8-11. So great you can be outside when she's needing lots of attention! Seems like that would just make it semi-easier. Less confining or something. I will pray that gets better for you guys.

Having lots of teacher-friday-happy-hours lately. We are missing you.

Hope your end of the week goes smoothly! Miss ya!

LB

Lauren Kelly said...

Ya'll have been buuuuusy!! Love the picture of Jordyn leaning on her daddy's back!! :)