Three Kids

Three Kids

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Nikes, Weekend, and Ear Infection

We have had a lot going on at the Overman's! I'm a little behind on our weekend post.

We had a very nice weekend. On Friday night we went to the mall for a little while. Look at our big girl all dressed up and in her new Nike shoes. :)


I have to laugh about every pair of pants that Jordyn has. Most of her clothes is 12 months (some still 9 months), but her waist is so tiny that every pair of pants she has falls down. Even the pants with the adjustable waist line are too big. We are constantly pulling them up. It's so funny!


Anyway, back to the weekend. On Saturday morning I was able to get a work out in, and then we spent our morning and early afternoon watching football. Have I ever mentioned that I love college football!? At about 4:00 we headed to my parent's house. My church was celebrating it's centennial. We went to a banquet on Saturday night, church on Sunday morning, and lunch after church. We had so much fun! My whole family was there, plus one of our old pastors, his wife, and one of their daughters were there. They are a pretty special family to our family ... in fact, when Justin and I got married, Pastor Bob came back from Michigan and did our wedding. The neat thing is that I was the only person that he had baptized and married!



Jordyn had a little bit of a difficult weekend. She would be happy, and then she would be upset. I think we've figured out why ... after a couple nights of lots of coughing, Justin took her to the doctor this morning, and we found out she has an ear infection. Poor thing. Her tummy is also upset and adding ear infection medicine to that sure doesn't make it any better. Justin had a meeting today, so I had to leave school at 10:00 to take care of Jordyn. I have changed so many awful diapers today - I just feel so bad for her! She has taken some good (and much needed) naps today, and I was able to squeeze one in too.



I am letting Jordyn take a quick little nap right now. I don't like her taking naps after 3:00 because it messes up her night time schedule, but she clearly needed one. I better get a few things done while she sleeps, with the little energy that I have. (Jordyn and I were up from 3:00-5:00 this morning, and then I was up at 5:45 for the day.)



Hopefully she's feeling better tomorrow!

(PS - Anyone else excited for the Big Brother finale tonight?)

6 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Totally excited about Big Brother finale! I hope Jordyn wins!

I love the new shoes! They are super cute.

Is she tall/long? Is that why her waist is so tiny? She seems long in those pictures. I had boys, I can't relate to skinny babes! Mine were roly poly from birth! Always off the charts for every measurement except head...and for that they were in the 90%.

You must love Saturdays as much as I love Sundays for the same reason....football. We had to Tivo the game because Noah had soccer. We rushed home, didn't turn on the radio the whole way home from Shakopee, and watched it as if it were live! Ha! So, I can relate girl, I can relate...

Hope Jordyn is on the mend soon. I am no help with ear infections we have only had one in this house and Noah was 8 when he got it. Still not convinced that was what it was. Maybe by this weekend you will have your happy girl back to her old self. I hope so!!

Jess :) said...

Woo-hoo for BB! However, I'm only half way through it. I had 7 other shows on tonight at the same time! Okay, not quite, but it was darn close. Anyway, I watched Biggest Loser and then started BB. I am just to the part where Kevin got the BOOT!! Yippee!

By the way...YOU WON!!! YOU WON!! YOU WON the GIVEAWAY! :) Head on over to my blog and you can see the post I wrote about YOU!! :)

Hope Jordyn is feeling better soon! I missed you at lunch today.

♥Kim said...

Aw, poor thing!

It seems like my little one, Hunter, is always getting ear infections.

You can't do anything for them but feel sorry for them and hold them.

I hope she gets better soon.

Lauren Kelly said...

Oh goodness, how cute are those shoes???

Hope she gets feeling better!! :(

Katie said...

Have you tried Children's Place jeans? We've had that problem with Damean and Emerson where the waist doesn't fit. Looks like Rhya is going to be the same way too.

Abby said...

I LOVE the Nike shoes! How cute! Sad to hear about another ear infection:( I hope J feels better soon!

Yay for Jordan!!! I'm going to be so sad to not get to watch BB 3 times a week!