Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Prayers

Today I am so thankful for my family ... and why does it take such a horrible act for me to be reminded of that??

Today, a 24 year old committed a senseless act - he shot and killed his former high school football coach in Parkersburg, Iowa.

Parkersburg is about 15 miles from where I went to college. I had some very good friends from this community, so I am very familiar with it, as well as their football program.

Coach Thomas was not only known throughout Iowa, he was known throughout the United States.

Please pray for this community during such a tragic time. This is the same community that was destroyed last May when a tornado ripped through the town. Lots of devastation in the last year. Prayers are needed.

And I am once again reminded today, that I am just so blessed and thankful for my family.