Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am so very thankful for this precious, smiling face.

I am thankful that I have been blessed with a happy and healthy daughter. I am thankful that I have the privilege to be her mom!

(Yep, I have 2 computers sitting in front of me in this picture ... the Internet wasn't working one for some reason - and of course it was the computer that I wanted to use, so I had to use the other one)
And friends, today I am just so thankful for my teaching job. Yesterday, many of my teaching friends at my last school were told they do not have a teaching position in the fall due to budget cuts. I am just so sad for these friends. I am sad for my friends who do have jobs that have now lost such close teammates/co-workers. Will you please say a prayer for them?
When Justin and I decided to move to Sioux Falls, I had an incredibly difficult time with it. I was not ready to leave Owatonna, my job, my house, my church, and most importantly my friends. I often felt like we were not supposed to move. As I have mentioned many times before, I have clearly been shown that God had plans for us all along ... and His plan of moving to Sioux Falls was far greater than my plan of staying in Owatonna. It is very likely that had I stayed teaching in Owatonna, I would have also lost my job. I hate to admit when I'm wrong (Justin will completely agree with that), but I will admit that Justin was right all along when he felt we needed to move. (The first and last time you'll be right, Justin!!!) :)
I am thankful that I have been so warmly welcomed to a new school and new co-workers. I am thankful that next year I will be teaching 3rd grade!
And as always - I am thankful for a wonderful husband!
What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Dandelion Momma said...

I'm thankful for having you as a friend.

Lauren Kelly said...

Thanks, I needed this reminder today to focus on all the good things in life that I need to be thankful for.... because when we truly take time for that, we'll notice that there's more to be thankful for than we realized :)