Three Kids

Three Kids

Saturday, May 16, 2009

10 Years!

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh


On May 16, 1999, Justin and I went on our first date! We came to Sioux Falls and ate at TGIFridays and saw the movie The Mummy. (Who knew 10 years later we would be living in Sioux Falls?!) I can hardly believe that was 10 years ago! Wow! So much has happened in 10 years. Looking back, I don't think that I could ever have imagined everything we would do in 10 years ... but most importantly, they were all done together.


Some (random) things that have happened in the last 10 years ... we attended 4 proms together, graduated college together, worked together at a summer camp for special needs kids, were leaders of little league baseball in Waterloo, attended every home UNI football game from '01-'05 (well Justin had to be there since he played), saw Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, and Nickelback in concert, vacationed in Mexico, got married (duh), vacationed in Jamaica twice, lived in 3 different states, owned 2 different houses, were high school youth group leaders, owned 7 different vehicles, went to Monday Night Football (Vikings vs. Packers), went to an abundance of Twins games-most resulting in a loss, went through Justin's 5 surgeries (6 if you count wisdom teeth), taken care of each other after many trips to the ER, got a puppy, two different full-time jobs for each of us (2 teaching and 2 insurance), and we have the incredible privilege of being parents to the most adorable little girl. :)


I had good plans to upload pictures from each year. However, due to lack of time, I was unable to get all of the exact photos I was looking for. I just plain ran out of time! For the most part, I have pictures from most years. Justin and I have hundreds (or I should probably say thousands - and that's not an exaggeration) of pictures together. Many of the pictures I wanted to use are on a computer that we do not have hooked up right now. So I had to settle for these ... Enjoy the changes over 10 years!












We were given: Two hands to hold, to legs to walk, to eyes to see, to ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else ... for us to find.


I LOVE YOU, JUSTIN!

6 comments:

Jess :) said...

Oh, that's just beautiful, Jess! :) You are seriously one of the cutest couples I know. I'm so glad that the Lord has blessed you two with each other...and Jordyn.

I hope you have a wonderful day together! :)

Love you

P.S. Thank you, again, for being there for me yesterday. Sorry I was such a bawl baby. You're the best!

Jordan said...

That was adorable!! =]

Lee Anne said...

That was very sweet and can I say...you both look exactly the same except Justin was more blonde back in those early years. How the heck do you do that?

Can't wait to see what the next ten years brings!!

Katie said...

Very cool post. Love all the pics! It's been 10 years for us as well, though I don't remember the exact date. I think it was a little later in May though. We, too saw the Mummy in Sioux Falls on our
1st date. I'm lucky if I get one picture of just the 2 of us per year though.

Lauren Kelly said...

I LOVE IT!!!! You two are absolutely adorable!!! :O)

Four Guys and a Gal said...

What a great post. Congratulations.