Three Kids

Three Kids

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally, an update from the Overmans!

I should warn you - there a lot of pictures in this update ... and it's quite random since that is how my brain has been working today. :) Since I haven't updated since Wednesday, I have lots to share! We have had a wonderful weekend! If only it would slow down - I believe that I say that every Sunday!
Jordyn is loving the warm weather ... because she loves to just wear onesies around the house ...

She also loves walks! The weather was super nice on Friday, so we all went for a walk after work. Here's Jordyn and Gizmo already to go! I tried to get an action shot of Gizmo clapping when we said "walk", but we couldn't seem to capture it this time.Saturday was a busy day! Justin went and played paintball with my brother and his friends, while my sisters, aunt, cousins, and I threw Devin a shower! We had a great time! Unfortunately I didn't take too many pictures at the shower ... what was I thinking??!! Thankfully my sister did, but I don't have them right now to post on here. (and I don't even have one of Devin! Really, What was I thinking?!) Jordyn got to meet some of my cousins and cousins' kids for the first time. Here she is with my cousin, Nikki and her son Dustin and daughter Addi (behind Nikki) and also my cousin Tyler's daughter, Aubrey! Dustin had a John Deere tractor that Jordyn seemed to like. (Liking tractors will make Grandpa Buzz proud!)
Jordyn met Leah for the first time. Leah is my cousin Tyler's daughter. She was so precious - Jordyn thought she had to touch her face.
Here's Jordyn with my mom's friend, Rhonda. Rhonda's desk is right next to my mom's at the bank, so I bet she hears "Jordyn stories" all the time. :)
Here's Jordyn and my cousin's Shelly's daughter, Kylea. :) Kylea doesn't live too far from us, so we might have to use her as a baby-sitter.
Jordyn is wearing the dress that her daddy bought her - she LOVES wearing dresses! I think it's because she loves having her legs "free."
Jordyn was passed to many people during the shower. She didn't mind one bit - she was only full of smiles. Unfortunately, she didn't really want to take any naps with all of the excitement ... and boy, did we pay for it last night! For the first time in over 3 months, Jordyn didn't sleep through the night. In fact, she pretty much just didn't sleep at all. She cried and cried and cried and couldn't get comfortable. We did sleep and cuddle from about 3:30-5:30 on the couch, and then she did sleep from about 6:00 to 7:00. I have no idea what happened (possibly teeth and just overly tired). Justin and I learned just how spoiled we really are with having a baby that has slept through the night, every night since she was 2 months old. When she finally did fall asleep this morning (on the floor), she was out!
We didn't want to miss church today though, so we had to wake her up and put her in a pretty little dress (from Taera and Chris ... the pj's in the above picture are also from them). She was pretty excited about being all dressed up ... and we thought she looked pretty cute!
I just love these two!
And even though she didn't sleep at night, she was still full of smiles this morning!
She still loves her Exersaucer ... and she apparently really loves the cow too!
We were trying to make her tired today, so we tried everything from the Exersaucer to her play gym, to the swing, to reading ... I don't know how she managed to stay awake!

Thankfully she took a nice, one hour nap this afternoon! :) And she went to bed early tonight - at 8:45! I'm thinking we'll have no problem getting through the night tonight! Before bedtime though, she decided to read Parents magazine with me.
Almost time to get pj's on!
I usually like to start my week feeling like I am somewhat caught up on sleep. I don't think that will be happening this week! I wasn't able to squeeze in a nap today, and with losing almost a whole night of sleep last night and a long work-out today, I guess my week will start with being tired. :) It's okay though ... I wouldn't change any of this! Being a mom is incredible!
Wishing you a great week!

3 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

Awwww, those pictures are too sweet. Girl, I hope you can catch up on some sleep. Reading that made me tired, haha!!! :O)

Lauren said...

Jordyn is beautiful! I think she likes the camera. ;)

It always amazes me how babies can look and act totally refreshed and cute after just one hour of sleep. I wish adults could do that!

The Ginskeys said...

Lots to update on. She is so adorable. What a good baby - especially after being passed around so much. ;) Have a good week.