Three Kids

Three Kids

Monday, March 9, 2009

Lots of Firsts!

We have had lots of "firsts" happening in our house the last few days! On Friday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous - about 55 degrees in SD in March is considered gorgeous to us! We took Jordyn on her first outside walk. She loved it! We didn't walk too far since it was still a little chilly, but we had a great time! Here's Jordyn ready for her first walk!



Of course we had to take this little monster along with us too! He was so excited when I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk - but he was not at all thrilled when he noticed that Jordyn was going too. Once we got going, he was fine though.
I know you can't see it too well, but this is the first time Jordyn got to wear this outfit. It is so cute ... or should I say adorable (since that is what is says on the jacket). I bought this outfit the day I found out that we were going to have a baby girl. I couldn't wait for her to wear it! She definitely looked adorable in it!
This weekend was the first time that Jordyn got to play in her Exersaucer! Justin set it up a few weeks ago, but Jordyn was still too small. She's still a little small, but with the help of a blanket under her feet and a blanket to support her, it works pretty well. She absolutely loves this! (Thanks to Randy and Sheila for such a wonderful gift!) Her favorite toy on the Exersaucer is the horse ... Grandpa Buzz, you might need to think about buying Jordyn a horse to have on the farm!


Another first - Justin and I went out to eat and to a movie on Saturday - all by ourselves! We ate an early lunch and went to an early matinee. Unfortunately, I was pretty sick, but it was still nice to get out of the house. (I caught Jordyn's cold and ended up with the cough, congestion, fever, ear ache ... all that fun stuff. Is it spring yet???) Justin's parents watched Jordyn for a few hours while we went out. We had a great lunch at Chevy's - I love Mexican food!!

One more first - Justin and I got to go to the fitness center at the same time today! Devin (BJ's fiance) is staying with us, so she baby-sat Jordyn for a little while so that we could go work out. That was so much nicer than me working out and then Justin going later. Justin and I hadn't worked out together since before Jordyn was born!

And finally, tonight we watched the first episode of the new season of Dancing With the Stars - one of my favorite shows. I have always been a fan of the football players (Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Jason Taylor, Warren Sapp). Not sure that I am going to be a Lawrence Taylor fan though. I have a lot of favorites this year ... Melissa, Holly, Shawn Johnson ... along with Cheryl Burke. Tough decision of who to cheer for! Who are you cheering for?

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

She looks like such a BIG GIRL sitting up, playing in that exasaucer. Such a fun time! So adorable.

Now that you know how much Jordyn loves being outside, I bet it makes this lingering winter even more annoying! I want it over with!!