Three Kids

Three Kids

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I wish weekends went a little slower :)

I sure wish the weekends would slow down! This is the third weekend in a row that we have been out of town for part of the weekend! It has been nice to get away during the weekends since we spent so much time home when Jordyn was first born and then when she was sick with RSV. This weekend we stayed overnight at Justin's parent's house. Justin's brother was home for the weekend, so we all stayed at his parent's on Friday night. We had breakfast with Justin's family on Saturday morning to celebrate his grandma's birthday! (Happy Birthday, Helen!)
We came back to Sioux Falls yesterday afternoon - had some time to relax, and I even had time to run out and get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed. I'll admit, since having Jordyn I haven't taken much time to just take care of myself, so a haircut was much overdue! (Don't worry, I have definitely had my hair cut since Jordyn was born ... just not as often as it should have been done. :))
This morning we got up and went to church. Jordyn wasn't too thrilled about sitting through church today. She didn't cry, she was just really squirmy and making noises. We spent most of the church service in the back/entry way. She did look super cute for church today! :) This outfit was given to Jordyn when she was born from Justin's mentor (at work) and his wife. It's so fancy! Jordyn loved the fur that was around the neck and wrists - she thought it was fun to chew on!

Speaking of chewing on things ... Jordyn chews on EVERYTHING! Including her new bunny from Grandpa and Grandma Overman. (Look closely - she happens to have on bunny PJ's ... the feet are bunnies.)

Last week I received some great news - I am going to be teaching 3rd grade at the school I am currently at! They have to cut a 2nd grade section, and it wasn't 100% sure where I would be going, but I am so excited that I will now be a part of the 3rd grade team! Justin's parent's sent me this at school ...


My edible fruit bouquet was delicious! What a fun gift to receive! Thanks so much!

Time to relax a little more and cheer on UNC before going to work out! Enjoy your Sunday afternoon!

No comments: