Three Kids

Three Kids

Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Weekend Get-A-Way!

Hi Friends! We hope that you had a wonderful Monday ... the toughest day of the week is pretty much over, right? :)
I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last updated! Wow, time continues to fly! We have had so much going on. I think the pictures that I have taken in the last week will have to be posted throughout a couple of updates! We had a wonderful weekend! On Saturday we got up early (5:30 is tough during the week for me, but even tougher when it's on a weekend) and headed to Minneapolis. We went to a wedding shower for Devin that was given by her family. It was nice to see all of them again since I hadn't seen them since BJ and Devin's engagement party last March! While we were at the shower, Justin just went shopping for a little while. I told to him to go to Best Buy - that is my LEAST favorite store to shop in, so this was a perfect time for him to go since I wasn't with him. My mom and Kayla also made the trip to cities for the shower ... Kandi had to work though. We got our bridesmaid dresses while we were at Devin's parent's house. They are beautiful! I just need to lose the last few of my "baby pounds" in order for it to fit me! :)
After the shower, Justin and I went and checked into our hotel by the MOA. We had decided that we didn't want to make this a one day trip - way too much traveling - even though Jordyn does travel well. Then we were off to MOA for a little while. Jordyn's first shopping trip to MOA! Last time we were there, I was pregnant with her ... so this trip was a little different! We honestly didn't go into too many stores, but we had a great time. Jordyn loved looking at the lights and colors throughout the mall.
A few pictures before we went to MOA - Jordyn was loving the bed, so we all rested for a few minutes.
Playing with Mommy
Kisses from Mommy
Jordyn, Daddy, and Dora at MOA
Jordyn loved her stroller ride through the mall - she loved the colors and lights!
Jordyn and Mommy at MOA
After MOA, we headed back to our hotel and got Jordyn ready for her first swimming experience!!!! She loves bath time, but we weren't sure how she would react to water that was cooler than bath water. We knew we wouldn't keep her in the water long, or even put her all the way in, but we thought we would give it a try. She actually did okay. She fussed a little bit, but she didn't seem to hate it.
Here she is before we went to the pool ... in her duckie swimming suit.
Matching robe :)
Jordyn and Daddy before she was actually in put in the water.
1st reaction to the water
Not too happy - but she didn't scream. :)
This was about it for Jordyn.
Snuggling with Mommy while Daddy swam laps.
We got up early again Sunday morning to head to Mankato. Since we didn't get to see Kandi on Saturday, we thought we would stop by on Sunday. So ... we got to see Kandi, Kayla, my mom (she stayed with the girls), Heather, and her mom and sister (who also happened to be visiting for the weekend). It was a full apartment! And of course Eric (Kandi's boyfriend) and Chris (friend of the girls) had to stop by and play with Jordyn too.
Back on the road ... we're all exhausted ... can't wait to be home, unpacked, and get some rest! Justin's parents dropped Gizmo off in the afternoon, and all 4 of us took a much needed nap! Jordyn and I took our nap together - we got in so much snuggle time this weekend - it was definitely hard to drop her back off at daycare this morning!
One more quick picture - I love this one! While I was packing up a few things at the hotel, Justin was reading to Jordyn. She LOVES books. (We usually read about 5-10 each night.) I thought this picture was so sweet!

Good Night!

No comments: