Three Kids

Three Kids

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Will it end?

Well, our weekend didn't get any better. We arrived at my parent's on Saturday afternoon since Jordyn was going to be baptized in their church (also where I was baptized, confirmed, and married). We had a great afternoon/evening with my family. I thought February was going to start off great! Unfortunately at 3:00 this morning, Justin got VERY sick. By 5:30 we were on the phone with ask a nurse, and she told us to get to the ER immediately. So off to Rock Rapids to the ER. We thought he may be having an allergic reaction to the prescription he got yesterday, but the doctor really feels he has a horrible case of the flu. AFter 3 1/2 hours at the ER, 3 shots, 1 liter of fluid, Justin was still miserable - no pain relief at all. In the 10 years I've known Justin, I have never seen him this miserable. (well, maybe after surgery). But - as far as the flu goes, I have never seen anything like it.

So needless to say, baptism didn't happen this morning. Justin felt horrible, but this wasn't something we could have foreseen. Justin is out of the hospital and at his parent's house. I am at my parent's house trying to keep Jordyn away from the germs since her immune system is already down.

Please pray this illness ends QUICKLY for our family. 5 out of the last 6 weekends have been spent at the doctor, ER, or hospital. I'm not sure how much longer we can handle being sick. And, again, if anyone knows how to get rid of the germs in my house (besides going through a million lysol wipes), please let me know!

5 comments:

Jess :) said...

Oh you guys! I feel so bad for you. I wish there was something I could do to help! I know you have your observation early this week, so if you need anything..just let me know! Otherwise, I will keep praying for you, Justin and Jordyn and hoping that you all start turning a corner towards the better end of the spectrum! :)

Love ya

Lee Anne said...

Holy smokes...that sounds horrible. Scary! Did you guys get flu shots? Good idea to separate yourselves from him. I think you guys better take a week off from life and recoup! Wowza.

Lots of prayers.....

Amy Jurrens, RKC said...

Prayers for recovery.
Prayers for good health the rest of the year.
Prayers of thanksgiving for Jordyn's results.
Prayers for strength.

There are so many people who love you guys and are praying for you. I got to see many of them in church this morning. I can't wait to see you guys and see Jordyn's baptism.

Get some rest. Don't stress about germs. They too shall pass!

Chris said...

Hi Jessica! Sorry to hear about Justin! Does he have the stomach flu or the respiratory flu? I have an awful case of the stomach flu! I went to urgent care today for shots and fluid as well! I can feel his pain! Praying for a speedy recovery! Taera

The Ginskeys said...

Wow. I truly hope you all start feeling better.....soon. Thinking about you all.