Three Kids

Three Kids

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends! We hope that you are having a wonderful day!
Our day has been pretty low-key and relaxing. Jordyn slept in until 7:30 today! :) She's such a good sleeper. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about 6 weeks old, but her normal wake up time is about 5:45/6:00 since that what time I have to get her up during the week. I guess we must have worn her out yesterday, because she made it until 7:30 this morning! I loved having the WHOLE day to spend with Jordyn yesterday. We read lots of books, sang lots of songs, played with her play yard, played with her doll, and had lots of tummy time. (but she decided she had had enough with the whole rolling thing and wouldn't do it for me at all) Check out these cute pictures of her "reading" her book on her own!

Daddy came home from work yesterday with Jordyn's Valentine present ... a Bumbo chair! She does great it in! She loves to sit up (she used to hate it), so we thought this would be perfect for her. I highly recommend buying one of these if you have a baby between 3 months and 14 months! (I think those are the ages for it anyway.) I definitely got a laugh though when I looked at the box and saw they have a Bumbo seat for potty training! The picture was pretty funny! I'm not sure that we'll consider buying that one!
Here we are at about 6:00 AM on Thursday morning ... Jordyn was all giggles and smiles until we attempted a picture. Oh well! I guess we can't have smiles in all of them! (and come on, who really wants to be happy at the time of the day anyway?!! ... actually she's incredibly happy in the morning)
A little tummy time ... notice the cords still coming out of her clothes ... those are for the breathing monitor. (She wasn't actually hooked up to the monitor in this picture - those are just the sensors.)
This picture actually shows where the sensors are hooked up on Jordyn. We have to strap them through her diaper and then pull them out through her onesie and then her clothes. Then they hook up to the actual monitor. Every once in a while she'll give them a little tug, but overall she doesn't mess with them. But ... GREAT news ... we are done with the breathing monitor!!! Yay! No more sensors and no more carrying the monitor on my shoulder like it's my purse!


(PS-Check out the rolls on those thighs! She's gaining weight!)

Justin and Jordyn are both taking naps right now. We may go out an run a few errands when everyone is awake, but other than that, not much for plans. My parents, BJ, and Devin stopped by earlier this afternoon. Jordyn loved snuggling with her Uncle BJ. (I think Uncle BJ loved it too. :))

Again, Happy Valentine's Day!

Love ... The Overmans

No comments: