Three Kids

Three Kids

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Smiles, Top Gun, and Flirt

Jordyn had a great first day back at daycare! We were nervous about taking her back, especially with her breathing monitor, but everything went well. Justin stopped and saw her this morning, and I visited over lunch.
Jordyn's breathing monitor has continued to go off a few times each day, but we're not sure if it is just because of shallow breathing or if there is a breathing problem. The doctor had her monitor info downloaded on Monday, and we are just waiting for results. (hopefully tomorrow)
This is the adorable face I am greeted with when I pick Jordyn up from daycare! Her smile melts my heart!

Notice the nice gray cord we carry everywhere with us. (Normally it's not that close to her face - she just happened to grab it ... which leads me to my next picture.)
Jordyn grabs ahold of anything and everything she can get her hands on! (and now she's working on putting everything in her mouth too!)
Justin had to have a picture (or two) of Jordyn with her neb treatment. (and we usually just hold the mask, but Justin was putting a lot of thought into this and wanted her to look like someone from Top Gun) If you're a Top Gun fan, this will make sense to you ... "Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby." (I didn't really laugh because I'm not a Top Gun fan.)
More neb. treatment. (We only do 2-3 a day, and I'm guessing that will not last too much longer.)
Exercise time with Daddy!
Getting so strong! For the last week she hasn't had much tummy time because it would cause lots of coughing and she was clearly uncomfortable. It was amazing to us to see how much strength she gained during that week
This is one of my favorite pictures! First of all, she has really discovered her tongue in the last week. With all of the medicine we have had to give her, she's figuring it out. Second of all, doesn't she look like the biggest flirt in this picture?!
She looks like she has bottom teeth ... must have been a glare ... no teeth yet!
More smiles!
Relaxing in her boppy.
99% of the time, we have a very content baby ... all smiles, no crying. Justin wanted a picture of her sitting up ... and Jordyn wasn't too thrilled about it.
We are just relaxing tonight. In fact ... how lame is this ... we were watching FoxNews and there was a police chase on. We watched it on TV for 40 minutes, and then they had to end it because of another show starting, so we pulled it up on the Internet and finished watching it. (We only watched for a total of 1 1/2 hours.) What does that tell you about our night?! :)
Good night! Love ... The Overmans

2 comments:

Jess :) said...

She is just soooooo cute!! I can't wait to come see her and play with her! I'll wait a little longer to make sure she's back to 100%, but as soon as she's ready, I'll be there!!

It was awesome getting to actually talk to you today!! I loved it! :) Guess it takes a long car-ride out to ATI...but I'd do it again just to have some time with you!!!

Love ya,
Jess :)

Amy Jurrens, RKC said...

Okay, I'll admit it - I laughed at the Top Gun reference. That movie is sooooooo my era. I think I was a junior in high school when it came out. I'm old!

The Jurrens family has been praying for Jordyn. We're all so glad she is getting better. It must have been a scary time for you three.

Tomorrow's Friday! You made it to the weekend. Now you can rejuvinate. Take care of yourselves!

Love,
Jerry, Amy, Conner & Lauren