Three Kids

Three Kids

Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1: Successful!

I have to say that overall, day 1 of daycare was a success! (Probably a little more so for Jordyn than myself, but I made it!) I felt good about dropping her off this morning ... good in the sense that I felt that Jordyn would be well-take care of. I cried on the way to daycare, and then for a few minutes in the school parking lot .. but that was it! Since the daycare is so close to school, I was able to visit Jordyn for about 30 minutes over lunch. :) When I got there she was wide awake. I said her name, and when she saw me, she had the biggest smile on her face. My heart just melted, and of course that made it difficult to leave her again! Jordyn seemed very content when I visited at noon and also when I picked her up. So - overall, today was a success! Thanks for all of the kind words you have said in comments and emails to me - and thanks for your prayers. I know they helped me get through the day!
Jordyn is sleeping right now. I can't wait for her to wake up so we can play! (I should maybe take a nap myself real quickly since Jordyn and I have been up since about 4:30.)

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

OH good! So glad you have the first day under your belt. So great that you can go and visit her. That's awesome! You would have known if she was miserable. You would have been able to tell.

4 more days to go and then the weekend! Woo Hoo! (Can you hear me trying to talk myself into not being depressed about the work week? Ha!)