Three Kids

Three Kids

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to the world of blogging!

Hi friends! It has been a little while since I last updated! We were without our computer for a few days, and the last couple of days have just been so busy! It's hard to believe that we are half way through January ... and even harder to believe that Jordyn is 11 weeks old today and has gone through almost 2 full weeks of daycare! Time is going so quickly! Our transition into work and daycare continues to go pretty well. I am still not a fan of the alarm going off at 5:30, but maybe someday I'll get used to it! Jordyn continues to sleep through the night, which is awesome! I haven't slept this well since before I was pregnant!
Jordyn and I are both coming down with colds - bummer! Justin just got over his (after almost 3 weeks), and now Jordyn and I have it. We are praying though that Jordyn's doesn't get any worse. This morning 2 babies that go to her daycare had confirmed cases of RSV. (Welcome to the daycare world, right?!) I am very nervous about this. We have already been in contact with the nurse since Jordyn has been showing little signs of a cold. She told us what to watch out for and if we see if any of those signs, to get her in immediately.We are hopeful that she won't catch it!
Jordyn continues to amaze each day. She is getting very strong and of course getting big! Her little cheeks have started filling out and are getting chubby. :) Her legs are also getting chubby too! Her tummy continues to stay thin though! She still LOVES bath time, loves having her hair washed, loves looking at books, loves kicking her legs, and is all of sudden loving the TV. I can tell she's really picking up on the bright colors. She loves to watch Baby Einstein - but I can't decide who likes it better - Jordyn or Gizmo. One of these days I'll get a picture of the two of them watching it! Jordyn will stare at the TV - and Gizmo stares even harder. It's pretty funny!
Something else that Jordyn has really discovered in the last couple of weeks her hand/thumb. She's always tried to suck on her thumb, but now she is into sucking her entire hand. And while it's absolutely adorable, I have really been trying to stop it. I'll put her pacifier in, and she'll pull it out immediately so she can put her hand in her mouth. It's even funnier though when she starts to cry because she can't get her whole hand in her mouth. There are many mornings that I wake up to Jordyn making a very loud sucking noise - because she's sucking on her hand. She doesn't wake me up by crying - just sucking! She just brings so many smiles to our faces!
And here's our little hand sucker - and if you look closely, her pacifier is in her right hand. She had just pulled it out!

Jordyn & Mom
Jordyn loves to be naked - but since it's so cold we try to keep her covered - she knows just how to throw the blanket off!
Laughing at Daddy

Looking grown up - Justin dressed her and made sure she even had shoes on before we went shopping.
More smiles!

I know I have more news to update on, but that's it for tonight. We have lots to do around the house, and my parents will be here in a little while to see Jordyn. Have a great evening!

No comments: