Three Kids

Three Kids

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another one of "those days"

First of all, I should start off saying Thank You for your prayers. Jordyn had another great night - still sleeping through the night and her coughing isn't nearly as bad when she sleeps. :) She doesn't have a fever and is back to being a very happy girl! (Her coughing has once again been bad this morning, but she is sleeping through it.) We see the doctor again tomorrow - looking forward to hear what he has to say.


Onto another one of "those days" ... Have you ever had one of those days when you just want to scream at the top of your lungs??!! I thought that was how I was feeling on Friday (see Friday's post). Well, I had another one of those moments at 2:00 this morning. I woke up to my left eye matted shut. I knew immediately what that meant .. pink eye! All night long my eye watered and was continually stuck shut. What's next? So ... off to Acute Care AGAIN - 2 times in 3 days makes me want to SCREAM! It opened at 10 this morning, and I was not about to go in after 10:00 - I was not in the mood for another 2 hr. 45 min. trip to Acute Care. So, I arrived at 9:35 - nobody was going to beat me to that door with the mood that I was in! And ... I was right, I was the first one in and out the door by 10:15. I had them send my prescription to Hy Vee since I needed groceries too. When I arrived there, the prescription hadn't arrived yet, but they told me it should be coming soon. So ... I shopped, went back to the pharmacy only to find out the doctor never called in my prescription. After 10 minutes of trying to reach the doctor, they finally got ahold of him, and he remembered that he was supposed to send in a prescription for me. Then I had to wait another 10 minutes for them to fill it! What should have been a fast trip to Acute Care and Hy Vee, turned into another 2 hour outing! Thank goodness for Starbucks Carmel Frappuccinos ... I guess that made me feel a little better ... and I even brought one home for Justin.


If anyone has ideas of how to get rid the germs in my house, please let me know ... yesterday I lysoled EVERYTHING, washed all of our bed sheets/blankets, every door knob, sink/faucet, toilet handles, every light switch, TV remotes, the computer ... you name it, I cleaned it. (even bought new toothbrushes, washed all of the towels/wash cloths) This morning at 6 AM, I re-lysoled everything ... and when I got home from the doctor today, I re-lysoled everything that I had already lysoled twice! Yet I still feel like this house is full of germs!


As I'm typing this, I have a husband who is completely being a goof ball (good thing ... because I needed a good laugh) ... Justin was throwing Gizmo's ball up and down, and it is now sitting on the top of our ceiling fan on our 14 foot ceiling! (nice shot, huh?!) I don't want him to start the fan, because I'm afraid of all the dust that might come down ... I guess it will be up there for a little while. What a day!


I do have some pictures to post, but it will have to wait until a little bit later today. They're pretty cute - Justin and Jordyn had a photo shoot yesterday. Can't wait to share them with you! Time to make some lunch ... with the way my day is going, I'll probably start something on fire!

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

I love how you can be funny in the midst of all you are going through! Ha!

Thanks for updating. I was worried.

I think you are done now....NO MORE BAD THINGS ALLOWED!

As far as germs, I don't know what to tell you. Unless you can find a way to suck all the air out of your house and start over with fresh air! Oh, and then do it again an hour later. Ha! You could all wear masks...Gizmo too! Might be comical, you can take a photo of the four of you.

Do you have tomorrow off for MLK day? I hope so!!